UPDATE:  The Winner of a Copy of Easy is JAYBIRD!  YAY!
Tammara Webber


Hello, everyone, Jaycee here! Today I'm chatting with Tammara Webber, whose New Adult title, Easy, just hit #33 on the New York Times Bestseller list after being released for only a few short weeks!  It's a great book!  You can read my review of it on my author's blog.

As part of the interview today, Tammara has offered up one free copy of Easy on Kindle or Nook., so make sure you comment for your chance to win this fabulous book!

Now, onto the interview...

Tell me about Easy:
Easy is darker than my Between the Lines series, and is a blend of tough subject matter (sexual assault) and romance. The main character is Jacqueline, a college sophomore whose boyfriend of three years has just broken up with her, leaving her feeling stranded at a university she wouldn't have chosen for herself. On the heels of this heartbreak comes a sexual assault by a fraternity brother of her ex, and a new acquaintance with Lucas, a guy from her economics class.

EasyWhat compelled you to write Easy?
 I've had the basis for the story in my head and heart for a while. With the age group/setting, the subject matter, and the level of sexuality I wanted to include, it doesn't *quite* fit into regular YA or in contemporary romance. The publishing world has long discouraged college-set stories (exceptions: sequels or series that continued on from a typical YA setting into late teens/early twenties, and/or established authors). But after successfully publishing the BTL series, I didn't intend to query agents with Easy. That knowledge freed me to sit down and commit to writing Easy exactly as it was meant to be in my head.

What was your favorite scene in Easy? 
The sorority meeting. My entire body was solid goosebumps when I wrote it. I wanted to show the influence of one person who stood up to take the lead, uncaring of and separate from the opinions around her. I felt sure I'd nailed it, because my physical reaction told me that I had. When I got back individual critiques from my critique partners and beta readers with "CHILLS!!!" or "HELL YEAH!!" in the margins of the manuscripts, I was so happy I cried.

What was the hardest part of the book for you to write? 
There wasn't a part that was more difficult than others; the entire thing was a balancing act. I wanted to clearly paint the very realistic issue of acquaintance sexual assault and juxtapose it against the building of a positive, loving sexual relationship. I wanted neither to be sensationalized or too watered down, and I guess that was the most difficult line to walk.

What’s your favorite New Adult title?  
Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Why do you write New Adult? 
I've spent most of my adult life on a college campus, either as an employee or a student. I'm comfortable writing about that age group, and I feel many readers can connect with it, not just readers within the age group of the characters.

What books is sitting on your TBR pile that you can’t wait to read? 
I've had Insurgent since the day it came out and have been too busy to read it. My TBR pile - already purchased books including hardbacks, paperback and Kindle books - numbers at least 40. Being a writer doesn't interfere with reading, but being an author does. The business aspect of it, especially for an indie author (though promotion is expected of all authors) intrudes. I love to read, and being so tired when I crawl into bed that I can’t stay awake and get into a book I want to read can be very annoying.

Your favorite quote from any book. 
From Life of Pi by Yann Martel - I love the entire paragraph, but the end is this: " It's important in life to conclude things properly. Only then can you let go. Otherwise you are left with words you should have said but never did, and your heart is heavy with remorse."

What are you working on now? 
I'd love to say I'm working on the next book, but I haven't had time. I'm still dealing with that business aspect of having launched Easy, from doing interviews and answering emails and other messages to adjusting the website, mailing out promised signed copies of books, making sure the distributors are all doing their jobs, etc. I look forward to switching off the wifi and getting back to writing, but I'm not sure how long it will be before I can do that.

Congrats, Tammara, for making the NYT Bestseller list and 
thanks for chatting with me today!

Other books by Tammara Webber.  Click the covers to be taken to their pages on Goodreads.

  Between the Lines<br>(Between the Lines #1)   Where You Are<br>(Between the Lines #2)   Good For You<br>(Between the Lines #3)

You can visit her webpage at http://tammarawebber.com

Remember, one lucky commenter will be receiving a free copy of Easy.  
(Winner to be chosen Sunday, June 24th)

On another note,  someone (:cough:victoria:cough:) has made a very exciting announcement on her blog today...click here to go see what it is!