We're hosting our first Editor in the Alley pitch contest on October 3rd, and Associate Editor Libby Murphy (twitter) of Entangled Publishing has agreed to be our judge!
Your manuscript must be complete and polished, and it must fall into the New Adult (NA) category* to be considered.
*Note: No other manuscripts besides New Adult (generally, 18 - 25-year-old protagonists) will be considered. So make sure your manuscript falls into that category before entering or your entry will be disqualified. If you are unsure, see here, or ask in the comments below.
- She's seeking any genre of NA, but is particularly interested in contemporary, and also desires to see some mysteries and paranormals.
- No novellas (anything under 60,000 words)
The submissions window will open October 3rd at 8 am EST (5 am PST) and will remain open until October 5th at 11:59 pm EST. One pitch per person. To enter, you will be required to submit via comment the following:
You do not need to follow our blog to participate -- but if you want to stay up-to-date on further details about this pitch contest, and be informed about future contests, doing so would keep you in the loop!
- The winners will be chosen by Libby and we will post the results on the blog within two weeks.
- Libby may request partials or fulls from the pitch winners. A few other Entangled Editors may be stopping by, as well ;D
- Two Partial Critiques will be given out by Libby amongst the entries.
Spread the word!
We can't wait to see you back here on October 3rd. Please tweet, blog, chat, email, etc. about this contest.
Post them in the comments!