Welcome Jennifer L. Armentrout (aka J. Lynn)! Thanks for taking the time to chat with us…and our readers. These were some fun and sometimes random questions--thanks for playing along!




-What advice would you give someone who is considering becoming a writer/author? I always tell aspiring authors to write what you want to write, and not what you think you need to write.

-What is your morning routine like? I don’t really have a morning routine, but the one thing that I always do when I get up is walk my dog, Loki.

-What would you say is one of your more interesting writing quirks? I can’t write with another person in the room with me and I have to have some type of background noise when I’m writing.

-Where do you get your information or ideas for your books? My ideas usually come at random times.  I’ve gotten ideas while I’m in the shower, on a train, or shopping in Target.  It’s usually something that just pops into my head and then I try to form a story from there.

-What do you like to do when you’re not writing? I don’t have a lot of free time, but I do love TV shows like The Walking Dead and Supernatural. 

-What did you want to be growing up? I’ve always wanted to be a writer.

-Where are you from? West Virginia

-What was something you loved doing during the summer growing up? I liked to go swimming during the summer.

-What is something you love doing during the winter now? I love to stay inside and read during the winter.

-Are experiences and events in your book based on your own life? No, I don’t usually write about real events or experiences, but I think it would be cool to be able to say that my next door neighbor is actually an alien.

-When did you realize you wanted to be a writer? I always wanted to be a writer.  I would sit in my classes in high school and write short stories when I should have been paying attention.

-How long does it take you to write a book? I’ve written a book in a week, but it can also take me a few months.  It really depends on the book.

-If you didn't become a writer, what would you have done? I majored in Psychology, so I think I would have done something in that field.

-What is the best part about being an author? I get to work in my pajamas!

-What are 3 things we can always find in your grocery basket? Soda, meat products, and bell peppers. 




About the author: Jen
# 1 NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY Bestselling author Jennifer Armentrout lives in Martinsburg, West Virginia. All the rumors you’ve heard about her state aren’t true. When she’s not hard at work writing. she spends her time reading, working out, watching really bad zombie movies, pretending to write, and hanging out with her husband and her Jack Russell, Loki. 
Her dreams of becoming an author started in algebra class, where she spent most of her time writing short stories….which explains her dismal grades in math. Jennifer writes young adult paranormal, science fiction, fantasy, and contemporary romance. She is published with Spencer Hill Press, Entangled Teen and Brazen, Disney/Hyperion and Harlequin Teen.
She also writes adult and New Adult romance under the name J. Lynn. She is published by Entangled Brazen and HarperCollins.

Thanks for talking with us, Jennifer! 
Cheers,